This is the first year that the IRS is requiring a tracking number from IRS e-services to be input into your tax software. You will not be able to Efile without it. This is to prevent unauthorized use of your EFIN.
Below is a quick reference one how to locate your IRS Tracking Number within e-services.
1. Access the IRS e-services account sign up and log in page.
2. Enter your username and select Login. If you are existing e-serviccs user, but have not registered in the new e-services system, you will be prompted to update your registration.
3. Enter your password in the space provided and select submit.
4. A 6-digit security code will be sent to the phone number you provided when you registered for e-Services. You will prompted to enter your 6-digit security code in the space provided. Select Submit.
5. Follow the onscreen prompts by selecting the continue and/or submit buttons until you reach the ESAM Application landing page.
.6. Locate your tracking number in the list of applications
7. Take a screenshot for your records and to provide to your software company or sales rep to enter in your software.
If you are still in need of a cloud-based software for as low at $99, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org